Apr 16, 2011

ONLY YOU CAN SAVE MANKIND

Reviewed by Milly 13 yrs. old - Teen Book Reviewer and Sometimes Baker
Only You Can Save Mankind by Terry Pratchett is a exciting book about a kid who gets contacted by aliens through a video game, and he has to save them!
At first Johnny thinks the aliens speaking to him is just part of the game, but they just won't stop telling him they surrender - the aliens in games are not supposed to surrender. Johnny tries to help them get out of the game so they can go back to their own planet, without getting them all killed. It's not an easy task, because other people are still playing the game and trying to kill them. It's a popular game, so there's a lot of players attacking these guys.
This book is the first book in a series called Johnny Maxwell Trilogy, the names of Terry Pratchett's other books in the series are:
Johnny and the Dead
Johnny and the Bomb
I din't read this book... because I listened to it on audible! The reader was very good at sounding like the character. I agree with my sister that it is important that the reader sounds good because if he or she doesn't then it will wreck the story.
I think this was a fun book to read and it was good. The thing that I love about it is how it is not confusing like some of his other books (although they are still fun). If you like science-fiction and energetic, funny stories, give this a go!
I score this book out of 5 paper dolls:
This Sunday, my mum and I, are going to see Terry Pratchett & Garth Nix talk about writing at the Sydney Opera House! I am soo exited! Here's where we'll be:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...