Oct 21, 2010

The Lion Drummer

Reviewed by Tilly 9yrs. old - Tween Book Reviewer and Sometimes Writer
The Lion Drummer is about a girl named Lulu.
She dreams that one day she will be a lion Drummer.
Lulu can't get a drum because she lives in a apartment and the people upstairs will hear her, even though they make a lot of noise.
Then the day of the Chinese dragon parade comes up and Lulu wished on Da Long the Dragon. She wishes that When she gets home she starts her school project all over again but this time it's not about the rhythm of the bees it's about the lion drummer.
One day Lulu goes to the grocery shop and asks the man where she can find the lion drummer (the man says the lion drummer's name is Master Li.) He takes her to this tunnel and then he told her that Master Li is in a gongfu school, so she goes to the school.
You'll have to read it to find out if Lulu gets to become the drummer.
I enjoyed this book, I liked the Chinese parade. It was nice and short, but it was a little bit too easy for me. I think younger kids would really love this book. I am looking forward to reading The Garden of Empress Cassia from Gabrielle Wang, because this book looks a bit thicker and has magic in it!
I rate this book...
click on the dolls to print the picture.
Today I've got a Chinese paper doll.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...