Apr 4, 2010

PERCY JACKSON AND THE LIGHTNING THIEF


Reviewed by Milly, 12yrs. old - Teen Book Reviewer and sometimes Baker

For my first book I'll be doing something a bit different, I'm reviewing an audiobook. I love to read, but I also like audiobooks that I can listen to on my iPod. I've been listening to this story in the car, on my way to school, in bed after I'm supposed to be asleep...

Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief is one of my favourite audiobooks! It is a nonstop action story with a fair bit of humour and it's great for boys or girls. The Lightning Thief is packed full of monsters and gods from the old Greek myths. It is told in the first person by the hero, a 12yr. old 'naughty' kid that has been kicked out of every school he attended. As the book says, Percy is half boy, half god and all hero.

Percy finds out he's a demigod and gets sent on a quest. Along the way monsters are always trying to kill him. There are two questions you'l be dying to find out when you start reading:
  1. Which god is his father? and
  2. Who stole the lightning bolt?
I knew this book would be good because the author, Rick Riordan, also wrote the first book in the series The 39 Clues (and it was GOOD).

My score out of 5 is:
So, I recommend you read this awesome book, or download the audiobook!

At the end of every post I will leave you with something sweet you can link to and bake!

Click the picture to see how to decorate your cupcakes like this:
My favourite cupcake recipe:
100g unsalted butter
185g caster suger
1tspn vanilla bean paste
2 eggs
200g self-rasing flour
1/2 cup milk (125ml)

Preheat oven 180 degrees Celsius (Australian temperature).
Beat butter, sugar and vanilla bean paste in mixer until pale. Add eggs and beat until well combined. Add flour and milk and beat until smooth. Fill patty pans no more than 2/3rds.
Bake for 15-20mins. Allow to cool before icing.

3 comments:

Angie Paxton said...

Hey, I just dropped by from your mom's blog. I borrowed this book from my nephew yesterday and now I'm really looking forward to reading it. I'm also a baker and I love the idea of putting a recipe at the end of your reviews. If I hadn't already made my Easter dinner dessert (sour cream lemon pie), I'd be tempted to try out those cupcakes for it. Keep reading!

Casey Something said...

I agree. This is definitely a 5/5 book! I bet my kids would love that cupcake recipe, too. Thank you for sharing!

angelarene said...

I read this book and it was such a page turner! Love some Rick Riordan!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...