Apr 15, 2010

THE 39 CLUES - THE MAZE OF BONES

Reviewed by Milly, 12yrs. old- Teen Book Reviewer and sometimes Baker
The Maze of Bones is the first book in a series called The 39 Clues. This is an awesome book about orphaned brother and sister, Dan and Amy Cahill, who have to make the biggest choice of their lives. Through their grandmother's will Dan and Amy are asked to either take a Million Dollars now or take burn the money, take the Clue, and go on an adventure which could mean certain death or lead them to the most important treasure in the world.
This book is full on action. The edition I got also came with some cool game cards so you can play the 39 Clues online (I'm not sure if all the copies come with these cards). I really liked the beginning of every chapter, it always starts with an exciting sentence like:
"Five minutes before she died, Grace Cahill changed her will." and "Amy Cahill thought she had the most annoying little brother on the planet. And that was before he almost got her killed."
The author of the first 39 clues book, Rick Riordan, is also the author of my favourite series Percy Jackson and the Olympians (which I did a review on the first book earlier).
A negative thing about this book is the series it belongs to. I started to read the second book but I found it boring, that's when I found out the books in The 39 Clues series were written by different authors so I didn't read any after book 2. Plus I don't know how many books are in the series, but if it's one clue for each book...
I rate this book out of 5 dolls:
Click on the picture below to bake these yummy Gingerbread Men - when my sister and I make Gingerbread, we like to use dinosaur cookie cutters to get Gingerbread Dinos!

3 comments:

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Great review, Milly. My son felt a lot like you do. He didn't like the different voices of each book and stopped after reading three of them. :-)

Unknown said...

Great review Milly! I love how you rate on the scale of paper dolls, that is very creative!!

Your background is gorgeous! I'm jealous :)

Casey Something said...

I love Rick Riordan too, Milly. It's too bad he didn't write this whole series!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...