May 12, 2010

SKULDUGGERY PLEASANT

Reviewed by Tilly, 8yrs. old - Tween Book Reviewer and Sometimes Writer
Skulduggery Pleasant is written by Derek Landy. This is a very thick book (371 pages), it was hard to read for me. I think it is really for older readers, maybe a teen book. I had to ask my parents and my sister for help with some of the bigger words, but that was actually good because I learned new words.
Meet Skulduggery Pleasant, Stephanie Edgley, Tanith Low and Ghastly Bespoke, they are a team of good guys who are trying to find and take the sceptre of the ancients out of Serpine's evil hands. The team is led by Skulduggery Pleasant, and did I mention he's a skeleton? They get to have a lot of adventures in this book.
This book is a mixture of mystery, horror and fantasy.
I think this book was trying to be funny and scary but I didn't think it was (I'm not trying to be mean). It was a little gross in parts (like with people coming apart).
Skulduggery Pleasant is a good book. This book is part of a series. I might try to read some of the other books in the series when I'm a bit older.
I rate this book out of 5...
I think I would like the book more if I was older, so teens might like it.
Here's a suitable paper doll I found at http://prittylitter.blogspot.com/:
Click on the picture for the full size.
And thank you Book Dreaming for giving us the Sweet Blog award, it's very nice of you!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful review. I am with you and don't really like all the gross parts where things are being pulled apart, it gives me the heebie jeebies!

Angie Paxton said...

I haven't heard of this book, but I loved the names enough that I might have to check it out. Glad you expanded your vocab :^) That's never a bad thing. I love Skeletina!

Shannon O'Donnell said...

I can't believe you found a skeleton paper doll - you girls are so clever!

I admire you, Tilly, for reading the book even though it was a little difficult. No wonder you are so smart. Thanks for the great review. :-)

Charmaine Clancy said...

You did well to get through such a thick and difficult book honey! I'm very proud of you - and I love Skeletina :-)

Jo Schaffer said...

This is a great site--I am always looking for more books to read. (=

Shaylen said...

Love your site!! Thanks for the great reviews!

Alex Gartner said...

I absolutely LOVED this book!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...